- Earning my masters in Social Justice Studies at Lakehead.
- Senior Accessibility Editor at the Digital Research Ethics Collaboratory.
- Graduate assistant to Dr. Sandra Jeppesen, Teaching Assistant for Alternative New Media.
- With United Way Thunder Bay, launched Empower the North, a collaborative community platform scaled for Thunder Bay.
- In the process of writing/publishing a paper with two colleagues on mediating visibility through Zoom classes.
- Contributing to a working group at the University of Toronto developing a framework for a grassroots approach to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in post-secondary education.
Expected 2024 | Masters of Social Justice Studies from Lakehead University
Combining the research and creative streams.V
2022 | Honours Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Digital Arts from University of Toronto
Double minors in Philosophy & Psychology.
Graduated with Distinction (3.3+ GPA) and won the Get Finished Scholarship two semesters in a row for displaying a high level of planning and strategy.
Graduate Assistant, Dr. Jeppesen, Lakehead University (September 2022 – Present)
Research Assistant on Critical Community EDI project, Teaching assistant for MDST-2010: Alternative New Media, Guest Lecturer for the week focused on Feminism & Online Activism:
Developmental Editor & Proofreader, Heavy Processing by TL Cowan & Jas Rault. Upcoming, Summer 2023, Punctum Press. (September 2022)
Scrutineer, Ontario Provincial Election (May – June 2022)
Sworn to an oath of secrecy, I worked with local polls, the NDP campaign office, and voters to ensure accuracy and participation in the election, helping to shift a 27 year incumbency.
Senior Accessibility Editorial Fellow @ Digital Research Ethics Collaboratory (May 2022 – Present)
Combining research and consultation with authors and artists at the Collaboratory and Cabaret Commons, I’m writing alternative text that focuses on communicating the visual experience to the written word.
Copyeditor @ Canadian Pro Beauty Magazine (April 2022)
Advised and copyedited the Spring/Summer 2022 issue to develop inclusive and concise language.
Guest Lecturer @ University of Toronto (2022 February 17)
Created and presented the interactive seminar: “Writing and Editing for Adults and Caregivers” to students in the second year of their master’s in occupational therapy, focusing on communication and making technical knowledge important to patients.
- View Presentation Here (pictures removed for privacy)
Digital Editor @ Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists (December 2021 – March 2022)
Revamped the En-AGE site, a resource for older adults, to make it more user-friendly. Additionally edited the technical content for clarity, reader interest, and search engine optimization.
Top Rated Freelancer @ UpWork (May 2021 – Present)
100% Success rate. I’ve worked with small businesses, lawyers, and research organizations to identify their audiences and improve clarity.